[haiku-appserver] Re: Overlay support

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:18:36 +0200 (MEST)

> For the first method only _one_ bitmap may have the
> RESERVE_OVERLAY_CHANNEL flag set, because you want to use one ovelray
> engine. Every time you set that flag when a bitmap is created, you ask
> for an extra engine. Since most cards just have one engine (and there
> are no drivers for multiple engines yet) creating the second and third
> bitmap will _fail_.

Yes, as an application developer, I use that flag to check wether overlay is
available, because if it isn't that's just fine and I will use normal bitmap
mode. That's also how it is done in VLC. I wouldn't like to find out that
overlay was not available after all when I want to show it on screen the
first time.