[haiku-appserver] Re: Overlay support

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:35:52 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I think since the application not responding within the timeout is not
supposed to happen anyways, the app_server might as well ask the user in
this very unlikely case if it is ok to kill the application. I wouldn't like
to lose any data either. The assumption that the application is not
responding means it is hung anyways is just that - an assumption. Many BeOS
apps are not *that* well written (making no exception for myself here), so
an app "misbehaving" might have all kinds of reasons. Still, as a user, I
would not like losing data if only for the reason that a programmer
overlooked something. Why should I have to suffer for a fault someone else
did?

Best regards,
-Stephan