[haiku-appserver] Re: (No X-Virus-Scanned: by amavisd-new at freelists.org

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:39:51 +0100 CET

Hi,

> How does your Painter class currently draw ? Ok, it uses AGG, but I
> mean,
> it just draws to a framebuffer or it uses accelerant commands ?

there is room for hardware accelerating some functions, but currently,
I'm using nothing to that effect. The most important thing is to get
the Haiku app_server working as soon as possible. So right now, it uses
AGG to draw to an arbitary frame buffer. Once everything works, we
worry about making it fast.

> I hope to see a screenshot of your work soon (as Ecartis didn't
> like your attachment :P).

<http://www.yellowbites.com/images/Painter.png>

In this screen shot you can see drawing with different line width,
patterns, different drawing_modes (B_OP_COPY, B_OP_OVER, B_OP_INVERT as
of now). You can see font rendering and bitmap drawing. Clipping works
for all of those (white rectangles). What you don't see, but what also
works, is SetScale() and SetOrigin() as a means of transforming the
views coordinate system.
You might also notice small glitches, which are mostly due to the
drawing_modes not being fully implemented.