[haiku-appserver] Re: (No X-Virus-Scanned: by amavisd-ne

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 31 Dec 2004 10:53:33 -0000

Hi, Stephan,

>there is room for hardware accelerating some functions, but >currently,
>I'm using nothing to that effect. The most important thing is >to get
>the Haiku app_server working as soon as possible. So right >now, it uses
>AGG to draw to an arbitary frame buffer. Once everything >works, we
>worry about making it fast.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. Don't worry, I didn't mean to bug you, just
wanted to know if there were plans to use the accelerant functions. Actually, I
didn't even know if it was possible at all to do that with AGG.

><http://www.yellowbites.com/images/Painter.png>

>In this screen shot you can see drawing with different line >width,
>patterns, different drawing_modes (B_OP_COPY, B_OP_OVER, >B_OP_INVERT as
>of now). You can see font rendering and bitmap drawing. >Clipping works
>for all of those (white rectangles). What you don't see, but >what also
>works, is SetScale() and SetOrigin() as a means of >transforming the
>views coordinate system.

Whoah ! That's very nice to see!!!  Astonishing work, Stephan :)

>You might also notice small glitches, which are mostly due to >the
>drawing_modes not being fully implemented.

Ok, but at least when you have something working, it's easier to go on from
there :P

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/