[haiku-appserver] Re: Linkage Mess

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:35:18 +0200 CEST

Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For one I don't understand why -lbe is manually added to the
> LINKFLAGS and
> "be" listed below as library to be linked against again. But the fact
> that
> the whole thing is linked against R5's libbe at all I find quite
> disconcerting. I don't know, how many classes besides BRegion are
> used in
> the app server, but I wouldn't be surprised, if that's a reason why
> the
> test environment behaves different in some aspects than the true
> thing
> under Haiku.

FWIW, libopenbeos.so links against libbe.so as well - we would need to
change that as well...

> May I kindly propose that the test platform dependent code be moved
> into an
> add-on, so that libappserver and the app_server itself don't need to
> link
> against any test platform libs besides libroot.

AFAIK only the BApplication and ViewInterface stuff relies on the test
platform. Any other things?
How hard would it be to put them into an add-on?
For a start, a shared library could help as well, BTW, and would be
much simpler to do, although it wouldn't guarantee us that we're free
of host dependencies.

Bye,
   Axel.