[haiku-appserver] Re: [Haiku-commits] r14820 - haiku/trunk/src/servers/app

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:16:47 +0200

Axel Dörfler wrote:

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, but the debugging itself needs to be fixed. I saw it getting into an endless loop. The problem is that the root layer is invalidated for displaying the debug info, but this invalidation can cause it to print another debug info. At least this is how I explain what I saw.
I agree. It happened to me also.
This means we must find another way to invalidate and area from Layer's Draw method.

How about simply dumping the error message to either stdio (in test mode) or serial output (when run on Haiku or qemu)?

Nevertheless, we must/should have a way of invalidating from ::Draw().

        Should we? :-)

bye, Adi.