[haiku-appserver] Re: [Haiku-commits] r14820 - haiku/trunk/src/servers/app

  • From: Stephan AÃmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:55:20 +0100

On 2005-11-10 at 19:43:20 [+0100], Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Stephan
> Aïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïïï
>  wrote:
> > Author: stippi
> > Date: 2005-11-10 14:38:22 +0100 (Thu, 10 Nov 2005)
> > New Revision: 14820
> >
> > Modified:
> >    haiku/trunk/src/servers/app/DebugInfoManager.cpp
> >    haiku/trunk/src/servers/app/DebugInfoManager.h
> > Log:
> > turn off on-screen debugging for now, the errors it reported are not that
> > critical, and printing the debug info itself could lead to problems
>
>     Are you sure?
>     Under Haiku I saw some errors that should be fixed: like hiding a
> window before remove it from the window manager.
>
>     I think screen debugging should stay active.

Yes, but the debugging itself needs to be fixed. I saw it getting into an
endless loop. The problem is that the root layer is invalidated for
displaying the debug info, but this invalidation can cause it to print
another debug info. At least this is how I explain what I saw. Turning this
off enabled me to start up WonderBrush 2.0 actually! WonderBrush (native R5
binary) runs on top of liblayout (R5 binary) and I was able to draw some
stuff even! :-)

<http://www.yellowbites.com/stuff/screen44.png> to screen48.png

The display bugs you see in these shots are related to two things: not
handling user clipping and not handling origin correctly.