[haiku-appserver] Re: [Haiku-commits] r14694

  • From: Stephan AÃmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 19:10:06 +0100

Hi Adi,

> > first step of geting rid of abstract DisplayDriver base class for less
> > development overhead,
>  > DisplayDriverPainter is renamed to DrawingEngine
>
>     Where are you heading at?

I think there is no point in an abstract base class anymore. At the time I
formed DisplayDriver into an abstract base class, I did so only to aid
squeeze my Painter code into the existing code. Now, having the API "twice"
in the code is just a hold up when I want to change stuff.

Unfortunately, I realized I have probably broken Decorator plug-ins with
that change, since the new "DrawingEngine" cannot be included into
libappserver.so. Would it be ok to leave Decorator plug-ins out for now?
Just until we have a refactored and more stable internal API? I hope nobody
minds. Please just say so, if otherwise.