[haiku-appserver] Re: [Haiku-commits] r13174 - haiku/trunk/src/kits/interface

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:33:39 +0200 CEST

"Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > >   This means it does not reset to initial state, but use the one
> > > active before Draw() was called.
> Of course. It is totally expected for me. If I set the highcolor
> outside
> Draw(), then I expect it to be still active on the next Draw().
> Usually I
> configure a view in its constructor or AttachedToWindow(), and I
> expect it
> to be like this in Draw().

I think both me and Adi meant this in the context of PushState()/
PopState() - ie. if you push a state in Draw(), it will be popped
automatically if you didn't do it yourself - the "initial" state (when
Draw() was called) is recreated. It is considered a bug if Push/
PopState() don't match, the implementation will make sure you don't
create a huge view state stack by accident.

The documented R5 behaviour should not be touched by this, only broken
code will see a change in behaviour.