[haiku-appserver] Re: [Haiku-commits] r12082 - haiku/trunk/src/kits/interface

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:59:56 +0300

Stephan Assmus wrote:
>>      Don't know for sure, have to test it. But I think you're right,
>>especially because you have programmed BeOS a lot more than I did.
>

> As I said, I'm not sure on this. We would need to test this anyways.

        I will. :-)

>>      BTW, I don't really agree with you changing RootLayer's priority.
>>This
>>high priority thread can help us find deadlock, loop and timing
>>situations
>>early in development. You know you have to change that back at some
>>point;
>>I think that moment is now.
>

> :-) You're right, but I'm working on something else right now. I would
> be very glad if you could look into the situation with the busy loop,
> as you said I should not do any work on that part of app_server. It

        Sure,
        Can you give me your test application so that I can reproduce this bug?
[Send that mail to adioanca !at! cotty.iren.ro]

> would take me too much time to get to know that part anyways (at this
> moment). I did the change because I figured everybody working on
> something else is likely to be annoyed by the bug (which also happens
> with the lower priority), if it is easier for you with the higher
> priority to find the bug, just change it back in your local copy for
> now. But I won't argue about it, if you insist I change it back, I will
> just do it.

        I will change it back after I'm done with this bug. :-)

        BTW, I noticed a bug when closing app_server's window, it gets you into
debugger. Is this equal to the 1st issue that you have described the other day?