[haiku-appserver] Re: [Haiku-commits] r12082 - haiku/trunk/src/kits/interface

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:29:36 +0200 CEST

>       Don't know for sure, have to test it. But I think you're right,
> especially because you have programmed BeOS a lot more than I did.

As I said, I'm not sure on this. We would need to test this anyways.

>       BTW, I don't really agree with you changing RootLayer's priority.
> This
> high priority thread can help us find deadlock, loop and timing
> situations
> early in development. You know you have to change that back at some
> point;
> I think that moment is now.

:-) You're right, but I'm working on something else right now. I would
be very glad if you could look into the situation with the busy loop,
as you said I should not do any work on that part of app_server. It
would take me too much time to get to know that part anyways (at this
moment). I did the change because I figured everybody working on
something else is likely to be annoyed by the bug (which also happens
with the lower priority), if it is easier for you with the higher
priority to find the bug, just change it back in your local copy for
now. But I won't argue about it, if you insist I change it back, I will
just do it.