[haiku-appserver] Re: [Haiku-commits] r12082 - haiku/trunk/src/kits/interface

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:57:17 +0200 CEST

>       For B_KEY_DOWN, BWindow will first handle this message in
> DispatchMessage to intercept TAB, SHIFT+TAB, OPTION+TAB, etc
> keystrokes
> to that it would advance to the next focus item/group. It is after
> that
> check that it calls fFocus->KeyDown();

Is this confirmed? IIRC, when I implement KeyDown() of a BView and
handle B_TAB_KEY without calling the inherited version, tab cycling is
broken. And so it should, otherwise BTextView couldn't type tabs, no?
Maybe I'm wrong and always implemented this with BMessageFilters, but I
would think it works as I wrote above, if my memory does not fail me.