[haiku-appserver] Re: Going "back" to partially hardware accelerated drawing

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 01:40:15 +0200 CEST

> Definitely. But I hope this is not the last call anyway :-)

Definitely not. All this stuff is open for discussion at all times. I'm
only gaining experience along the way while I'm working on this. Who
knows, in a matter of days, I might come to a different conclusion. I
just talked with Ingo, and we thought of a couple of other interesting
approaches.

> We should get the thing working first, and if we're not happy with
> the
> results, we can still rework the details (or more). I don't want to
> slow you down, I want to see the results :-)

Yes, I want to see them too. You know, I was happy when I finally saw
that I could press a button and actually see it update. I was more
happy to actually see the messaging work. But there is a huge ammount
of work still in front of us before we're able to use Haiku. I'm hoping
that more people (possibly from other teams) start looking into
app_server. One of the next tasks is getting off screen bitmap drawing
working. Some of the existing pieces need to be refactored. All kinds
of stuff uses views attached to offscreen bitmaps. BTextView being one
example IIRC.