[haiku-appserver] Re: Going "back" to partially hardware accelerated drawing

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:36:34 +0200 CEST

Hi

> Axel D=F6rfler wrote:
> > Since transparency is very slow in Dano and flickers a lot,
> > especially
> > when crossing window borders, I think they might have a per window
> > back
> > buffer. That would also reduce the update work when moving windows
> > around.
>
>       Hehe, didn't you guys agreed we won't be having that in R1=3F :-)
>
>       Rudolf, can we use overlays to drag a transparent image=3F
Nogo.

Me too thinks: but didn't people already agree on some things here=3F
Like:
->No gfx RAM second (or whatever) buffers at all.
->(so) no misuse of functions in the drivers.

All these nice 'advanced' thinking you guys do, belong in R2 or later.
But that's just my opinion of course...
As always: I'd say: don't dismiss the way Be did things too easily.
Until you =5FReally=5F know what you are talking about. Which will be no
sooner than =5Fafter=5F you complete the whole thing. (so R1)