[haiku-appserver] Re: GetMouse()

  • From: Marc Flerackers <mflerackers@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:12:16 +0200

>       Yes that we know. What I asked, and Stephan seems to ask the same
> thing, is why(the reason) do we process update requests in a method that
> queries for mouse status?
>       If no good reason emerges, maybe we should remove this functionality
> from GetMouse() in R2.

If update requests aren't processed, the rest of the window/views will
also not be drawn when needed. Lets say you have a synchronous slider,
which changes the width of the window it is in. If update messages
aren't processed, the window will resize, but not be redrawn. A more
common example would be that the slider would send a message which
invalidates another view in the same window.

--
Marc Flerackers (mflerackers@xxxxxxxxxx)
Software Engineer