[haiku-appserver] Re: GetMouse()

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 15:25:19 +0200 (MEST)

> > poll, but instead, it just searches the message queue, or gets the
> > information from the app_server directly. What makes GetMouse()
> > need to
> > use UpdateIfNecessary() is not GetMouse() itself but the context it's
> > usually used in (MouseDown()).
>
>       I'm not too happy with this method. I think it does not respect
> the logic, in general. I just asked for mouse coordinates, not for a UI
> update. The fact is that I can call GetMouse() from everywhere
> in window's context and not actually wanting to update the UI.

I agree with Adi. Why is GetMouse() triggering a UI update? Just because it
is "usually" called from inside MouseDown() of some of our controls if the
window has synchronous controls? Is this even confirmed, that R5 behaves the
same way? May I also remind that our controls don't use Invalidate() but
call Draw() and Flush() when in synchronous mode (the ones I looked at)? So
that UpdateIfNeeded() will not even do anything! (_UPDATE_ will only be in
the queue if Invalidate() was used.)