[haiku-appserver] Re: GetMouse()

  • From: Marc Flerackers <mflerackers@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 14:34:01 +0200

Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 >IMO, in R2 this method should only return mouse location and
 >buttons. What do you think? Also I think we should remove support for
 >synchronous controls in R2. Opinions?

GetMouse() is not only a method used by assynchronous controls but, as
Stefano probably already said, also by BMenu. Also in games most of the
time you will just have one loop in which you poll for input, change
states and draw stuff, especially when ported from other platforms.
Another place where synchronous controls might be used is controls which
are render intensive.

It's really not something evil, just an alternative to mouse hooks :).

--
Marc Flerackers (mflerackers@xxxxxxxxxx)
Software Engineer