[haiku-appserver] GetMouse()

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Haiku app_server" <haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 19:21:40 +0200 CEST

Hi there,

I've worked a bit on GetMouse(), and I think it's now more or less
correct.
It still doesn't work correctly, but this time it's probably the
app_server's fault, as we only rarely get _UPDATE_ messages. The only
notably difference to the previous version (when used with the
playground test app) is that the BButton is redrawn once during a
click, unfortunately, still in unpressed state.

As I don't know a whole lot about the drawing stuff, I have no idea how
to get the app_server to send _UPDATE_ more often. If I change
BControl::SetValue() to use Draw() instead of Invalidate() (which is
not really okay but works) I at least see a flash of an inverted
BButton, but it doesn't last for long.
The messages that GetMouse() gets are correct, so the app_server seems
to be the culprit.

BTW in case of B_ASYNCHRONOUS_CONTROLS, there is probably no need to
call Invalidate() in BControl::SetValue().