[haiku-appserver] Re: Focus

  • From: "Chris Peel" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:24:35 -0000

[snip]

Now for the active window tab - I think it's a good idea to keep the
border of a window with floating windows active at all times - because
only then you know to which window the floating windows belong. Maybe
we should even introduce a third color state for this case, as it
wouldn't work to well with FFM if it would be the same.
In any case, I think floating windows should just behave like any other
window - ie. they can be active.

[snip]

This would be nice - for example, the active owner window (to which the
floating windows belong) could have its frame coloured in the active frame
colour but when it doesn't have the focus, the frame could be dimmed using
alpha-blending.  To summarise:

          App Window     |    Floating Window  |         Borders       |
      Active | Has Focus |  Active | Has Focus | App Window | Floating |

--------
          No   |    n/a    |   n/a   |    n/a    |   Greyed   |  Greyed  |
          Yes  |    Yes    |   Yes   |    No     |  Coloured  |  Dimmed  |
        Yes  |    No     |   Yes   |    Yes    |   Dimmed   | Coloured |

Hopefully this makes sense!