[haiku-appserver] DisableUpdates() / EnableUpdates()

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:56:35 +0300

Hi,

I have a problem with these methods:

DisableUpdates() , EnableUpdates()
These functions disable automatic updating within the window, and re-enable it again. Any drawing that's done while updates are disabled is suppressed until updates are re-enabled. If you're doing a lot of drawing within the window, and you want the results of the drawing to appear all at once, you should disable updates, draw, and then re-enable updates.

How do you think we should implement this? Do you how this is implemented in R5? Any other information related to these 2 methods?

I think that to do what the BeBook says ("the drawing to appear all at once") we should draw in a bitmap and when EnableUpdates() is called, copy/blit that bitmap in window's visible area.

        Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks, Adi.