[haiku-appserver] Re: Developer Ping

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:28:20 -0500 EST

>       Anyway, _I promise_ this is the last design that I make for R1 -
> this
> is the final design for R1. It is the nicest an cleanest I ever done
> so
> far. :-)
>       I will soon be done with it and after testing it seriously I will
> check
> it in. I hope I'll be doing this before Christmas. :-)) :-P
> Seriously, I
> will try.
I know from experience that the window management code is something
that is hard to get right, so you'll get no complaints from me.

> That's what I'm doing. What about you?
Trying to figure out where the time went. I updated my website for the
first time in almost a month just a couple of days ago and it's
something that I try to do at least once every couple weeks. A
significant part of that time has gone into setting up and learning to
use Linux on the desktop. The experience has made me wish that the
BlueEyedOS project would get around to releasing their sources so that
someone else could finish it.

Yesterday I picked up a copy of The MacOS Bible (made by the same
company as the BeOS one) and I've been looking through it. I knew that
BeOS inherited some things because JLG, Sakoman, and many of the other
Be guys came from Apple. I had no idea just how much -- it's simply
amazing how much and how some of the weak areas MacOS had that BeOS
really improved on.

--DW