[haiku-appserver] Re: Backbuffer access

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 26 Oct 2004 08:18:43 -0000

>Damn, it *could* clone the add-on. Only BWindowScreens do that right
>now IIRC.

Yeah, and I think it's done like that because BWindowScreen is fullscreen while
BDirectWindow can run... in a window :)
Maybe there are some issues with parallel use of the accelerant and direct
rendering on the frame buffer..., or maybe having access to the accelerant
would be bad, as one could change the palette of the system, or change the
video mode, which is a thing one shouldn't do if an app runs in a window...
dunno.

Anyway, I think be, inc. wanted to change some things in BDirectWindow, in a
future release (I don't know what's in Dano), because they started implementing
a BDirectDriver class within BDirectWindow, which would've probably added HW
acceleration capabilities to it.

Anyway, I think we have to stick to how it's implemented in R5 if we want to
achieve compatibility with it.
Amen.

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/