[haiku-appserver] Re: BWindowScreen results /app_server fault

  • From: JÃrÃme DUVAL <korli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 16:41:16 +0200

Hi Rudolf,

Rudolf a Ãcrit :

BTW: about VLC the 'widged' is visible after I load and stop a file. Normal after all, though it flickers when the file is stopped, while it doesn't do so while playing. About that CPU load, it's hard to come up with an exact description. I can imagine the higher CPU load comes from different aspects of Haiku currently. Anyway: it's not that important just now I think.

I encountered the same behaviour with VLC in bitmap mode : the CPU load is high (which is OK), and every 30 seconds or so, the sound is distorted because of a peak of load in this progress bar widget drawing. I measured load with a 'top'. A bit of profiling could help here, the problem could be media kit related, dunno.

Bye,
JÃrÃme