[haiku-appserver] Re: BWindowScreen / pageflipper once more

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 00:05:59 +0200 CEST

Hi Rudolf,

"Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I saw the commit. So did you also verify pageflipper now works
> correctly? (just curious :)

Yes, I tested it :-)

> BTW About the cursor: I did this in a testapp:
> -setup BwindowScreen: all modes are 60Hz however.
> -once it shows, call BSCreen::Setmode to set 70Hz. At this point the
> cursor shows, which I think should not have been influenced by the
> BScreen call.
> (app server could check of the call was done within a BWindowScreen
> screen, and dont' touch the cursor then?)

No, it doesn't have to check - if the application has hidden the
cursor, it's just a bug in the R5 app_server that this is lost after a
screen mode change. R5 has quite some problems when it comes to
changing/hiding cursors as you can easily see with apps like ScummVM.

> I think this kind of use of Bscreen::Setmode inside on a workspace
> that's occupied with fullscreen BWindowScreen is a valid use. Apart
> from the cursor it indeed works as expected in R5/dano. Any thoughts
> about that?

Yes, I think you're absolutely right :-)

Bye,
   Axel.