[haiku-appserver] Re: BWindowScreen / pageflipper once more

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 11:56:27 +0200 CEST

Hi,

> The mess can easily be drawn on screen when moving the mouse cursor
> around.
> This one probably shouldn't be drawn in that case (uh, soft cursor) :
> -)

Ah, good one. Though I don't know about the cursor exactly. I mean, it
should probably be shut-off indeed, but I could imagine it's functions
should be available to apps using BWwindowScreen: i.e. an app should be
able to re-enable it and use it? I don't know.

> I've checked it, and it always looks the same over here. If I
> wouldn't
> know that it's directly asking the driver, I would assume that it
> just
> doesn't set the colors at all (or incorrectly?).
That thought crossed my mind as well (looking at the distorted curled
lines). I didn't see any proof of that looking at the driver log
though, or it must be a missing palette in the driver: that could be
it, the system should probably set it. Pageflipper uses 8 bit mode
AFAIK.

Bye!