[haiku-appserver] Re: BView::ClipToPicture

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 7 Nov 2004 12:16:18 -0000

>Excellent work. :D Unless Adi has any objections, why don't you >check it in?

Ok, though you'll have to wait till monday at least. Unless you decide to check
it in yourself  (and I would be ok with that) :))

On a side note, before someone jumps out screaming we should optimize it using
ASM.... :))))

The test takes ~5000 usecs on my system.
The main bottleneck seems to be the creation of the BBitmap (~2300 usecs here)
and the drawing of the BPicture on the bitmap itself.

I tried to add spans instead of 1x1 pixels, and beside a small issue that I'll
fix as soon as possible, I got a nice 30/40% speed improvement, though, to be
able to reach the speed of the beos version (less than 50 usecs here), we'll
need to change the way its' done now (for example, calculating the region
server side, after we  will have drawn the BPicure on a "special"
bitmap/canvas, maybe a custom DisplayDriver subclass, I dunno).

Anyway, for the moment I think we can keep it as is. At least it works :))

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/