[haiku-appserver] Re: BView::ClipToPicture

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 9 Nov 2004 08:02:01 -0000

>Anyway, we shouldn't disable antialiasing - the quality >difference is
>noticeable, and not a good one, either.  As much as a

Yes, I agree completely, at least in that case. Though I think it would be
useful to disable antialiasing in some cases (not on this particular, though,
as it looks as it's not disabled in beos version).

>temporary memory
>hog as it could be, the only thing I can think of which would >work well
>is to use a 32-bit bitmap and memset it to 0, thus rendering >the entire
>thing effectively transparent. Draw the picture into the >thing and
>check the alpha byte for each pixel and we can figure out the >clipping
>region from there. Thoughts?

Actually, you're right, and I think we HAVE to do something like that. As, I
just discovered, I found a problem in my implementation: Try (in the BPicture)
to set the drawing color to white, and draw a rect. The rect won't be added to
the clipping region, as it's the background color.

Some things that Marc Flerackers suggested are:
Either using the Play() function of BPicture and pass a custom  callback table,
to make it draw only to black, and/or on a custom surface, or directly to a
BBitmap (in some way), or (but can be done only at server side, probably) have
a custom DisplayDriver, used only for ClipToPicture, which does the work for us.

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/