[haiku-appserver] Re: BScreen support

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 20:09:24 +0300

Hi,

Stefano Ceccherini wrote:
> As you'll have seen, I added some code to the app server to have basic
> support for BScreen.
  I think we'll need to change quite some stuff to have a correct
implementation:
  in beos, every workspace can have its own display mode, while it's not
the case in our app_server.

        That's because it hasn't been taken care of. In Workspace class you'll
find a few members reserved for that. If you have time, make them count
(removing/adding members included :-) ).
        From my point of view, all I need is: fID, fBottomItem, fTopItem,
fFocusItem, fFrontItem, fPool. With the rest of them you can do whatever
you want.

  I also had a look at ServerScreen, but I'm not sure it matches what we
need.

        When multiple monitor support comes along this class will have our
attention. :-)

> For the moment maybe we should just support a single "screen" with multiple
> workspaces
  (as it was done in beos), and store the display_mode and the other
stuff within the class
  which handles the workspace itself.

        Those should be removed. Only Workspace class should have screen
resolution related members.

> Another thing: I noticed that we're not using any of the functions in
> Utils.cpp
  (except "CalculatePolygonBounds()" in PicturePlayer). Is that stuff
old and
  deprecated or it's going to be used sometime in the future ?

        Don't think so.
        By me, you can take that function and make it a member of the class
where it's needed.