[haiku-appserver] Re: BScreen support

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 17:03:00 +0300

DarkWyrm wrote:
> if you're not. Here's a question to point the discussion in the right
> direction, if someone would be so kind as to enlighten me: what is the
> current one and its pros & cons?

Cons:
        really hard to understand
        implementation does not use the HW acc to the max
                - it tried something better than in R5, but that
                cannot be HW accelerated.
        refactoring is need
        not so clean interface
Pros:
        it is fast, really.
        does its job :-)

> Likewise, what kinds of algorithms are
> there out there which could also work.

        Don't know...
        I see no reason to look elsewhere because we have one that works
pretty well. We just need to make it prettier :-) and remove the things
we don't need anymore because the HW cannot use them.

> Is there a better one?

        Possible...
        But after me and Stephan and you finish the new implementation,
I don't think there will be. ;-)