[haiku-appserver] Re: BScreen support

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 5 May 2005 10:08:17 -0000

>       Things are simple enough here too...
>       If the display_mode differs send a message to >RootLayer thread and let
> him do that
>change for you. In any case RootLayer will have (you can >implement that if
>you want :-) ) to
>follow the exact steps when changing workspaces with >different resolutions.

Ok, I am just a little confused because, intuitively, changing resolutions and
messing with workspaces is a thing which the "Desktop" class should do, but I
am not yet so familiar with the code, maybe I just have prejudices (or however
it's spelt).

>       The mode you chose with you latest checkin is not >nice.

Actually the last checkin just fixed the crashing bug, the code is not meant to
be definitive at all.

>Plus, you have to clear all
>visible regions of Layers present in the current(old+new >workspace if
>changing wks) workspace
>and finally issue a invalidate request for the whole screen.

Shouldn't there be a RootLayer method to do that ?
At least, I would do it in there, as RootLayer is the class which messes with
layer et all (you said that). Oh, but we can't call any RootLayer method from
any other class, as we can't lock it (see the problem ?). Okay, we send a
message to rootlayer, but then I wonder why RootLayer has so many public
methods, as we can't call them.

Anyway, I can live with that, I can (and probably will) adapt the code to the
existing design, but that doesn't mean I agree with it :)

Bye!

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/