[haiku-appserver] Re: _BMCItem_

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:35:21 +0100

> in MenuField.cpp:
> fMenuBar->AddItem(new _BMCItem_(menu));
>
> At the moment I can't see a good reason why it's done like this. OTOH,
> there might be a reason I don't see.
> You can try to change it. If it breaks something we can revert to the
> previous version anyway.

The only thing I see is that if R5 had a special BMenuItem subclass named
_BMCItem_, then removing it would break instantiating BMenuFields that have
been archived under R5. Not that I know where those would be comming from...
:-)

Ok, I will just change it and see what happens. I also see nowhere in the
code that fShowPopUpMarker would be configurable. It is just set in the
archivable instantiation code. I would have liked if the original author put
some comments there on why he has done it this way. Maybe he looked at
archived BMenuFields and saw this field. I cannot think of another reason.
Anyways... it's going to be removed...

P.S. I found one place where a "BMenuField" did not have the "popup marker":
The Dial-Up pane in the BONE preflet.