[haiku-appserver] Re: _BMCItem_

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 16 Feb 2006 20:53:19 -0000

-----Messaggio Originale-----
Da: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
A: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Data invio: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:35:05 +0100
Oggetto: Re: [haiku-appserver] _BMCItem_

Hi,

>in src/kits/interface, we have BMCPrivate.cpp. It >contains some special
>classes that deal with BMenuFields special version of >a BMenuBar. However,
>I don't understand the purpose of _BMCItem_. All it >does is override the
>BMenuItem::Draw() function to draw the "popup marker". >And even this only
>if fShowPopUpMarker is true.
>I don't get it. Why is >this not done in
>_BMCMenuBar_::Draw()? Will I break anything if I >change this? Where are
>_BMCItem_ instantiated at all?

in MenuField.cpp:
fMenuBar->AddItem(new _BMCItem_(menu));

At the moment I can't see a good reason why it's done like this. OTOH, there
might be a reason I don't see.
You can try to change it. If it breaks something we can revert to the previous
version anyway.

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Non resistere alla tentazione di conoscere nuovi amori!
Oltre 2.100.000 persone ti stanno aspettando su Incontri.
Vivi le emozioni fino in fondo!
http://www.supereva.com