[haiku-appserver] BGLView clipping trouble / direct mode

  • From: "Rudolf" <drivers.be-hold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:13:25 +0200 CEST

Hi there,

I have to set myself straigt indeed (axel):

The clipping info _does_ work in DirectConnected after all: I made a
stupid beginners mistake :-/
Sorry about that.

However:
The clipping info does NOT take the BMenuBar into account: I have to
modify the clipping list to remove and/or modify clip_rects that are
totally or partially in that range.
After doing that it's perfectly useable: no more drawing errors appear!

The second error in BGLView is that DirectConnect is called too late
with the stop condition when the app is destructed. I need to check for
existing clipping rects in the BView directly to prevent me from
rendering _after_ BeOS updated the background. If view's clipping rects
is zero I don't call the actual rendering code (testing that in
swapbuffers).

---

OK, that's it: this is the final report on BGLView's direct mode...

Rudolf.