[haiku-appserver] Re: BDirectWindow / BGLView test

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:52:13 +0200

Stephano,

>> For GLView, this has to be really dynamic and
>> I'm not >that fluent in direct mode, hence the
>> current GLView::DirectConnected() missing >implementation.
>
> Maybe I can help here as I wrote BDirectWindow.
> What's the problem ? I haven't looked into BGLView yet, but I could, if
needed.

Well, the idea behind BGLView::DirectConnected is to use the input direct_info
data, to keep up-to-date a private copy of such direct_info but always clipped
on the GLView frame on screen (or even better, the visible part of it), not its
whole BDirectWindow's parent screen frame one.
The renderer will use this private copy as he wants (single buffer rendition,
fast page swapping for hardware renderers), but he should not have worry about
doing the clipping himself.

Clipping GLView's children view(s) could be a bonus, but I'm not sure it's even
supported under R5 nor very common case...

- Philippe