[haiku-appserver] Re: BDirectWindow / BGLView test

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 19 May 2006 10:41:53 -0000

-----Messaggio Originale-----
Da: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
A: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Data invio: Fri, 19 May 2006 12:02:40 +0200
Oggetto: Re: [haiku-appserver] Re: BDirectWindow / BGLView test

Guys,

>There is no doubt at all in my mind that the faulty >here is
>BGLView::DirectConnected(). We don't yet clip >correctly the direct buffer info
>to the glview content frame while Chart's >ChartWindown::DirectConnected() does
>this right.

>But it's way easier for Chart, as its content area is >hardcoded to be in
>(LEFT_WIDTH, TOP_LEFT_LIMIT, window right/bottom >borders.

Indeed.

>For GLView, this has to be really dynamic and I'm not >that fluent in direct
>mode
>, hence the current GLView::DirectConnected() missing >implementation.

Maybe I can help here as I wrote BDirectWindow.
What's the problem ? I haven't looked into BGLView yet, but I could, if needed.

>Plus as such info will be always the same for >whatever renderer at work behind
>GLView, I want to do this in GLView, not handing this >task to each renderer...

Yes, that sounds smart.

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Mettiti al centro del mondo! Crea il tuo blog e condividi con
i tuoi amici idee, immagini e video, da web e da cellulare!
http://beta.dada.net/