[haiku-appserver] Re: BDirectWindow / BGLView test

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 12:02:40 +0200

Guys,

> >The clipping info members window_bounds and clip_list >are _not_ updated
> >_at all_. And/Or, DirectConnected isn't called after >window resize/move
> >events.
> >This means that moving a window moves the outline and >tab, but not the
> >content.
>
> >I saw this in BGLView using my 3D driver, so I am >guessing
> >BDirectWindow has the same problem (has it?). From
>
> Chart works correctly in BDirectWindow mode (even moving/resizing the
> window), so I think I can safely say "no" here :)

There is no doubt at all in my mind that the faulty here is
BGLView::DirectConnected(). We don't yet clip correctly the direct buffer info
to the glview content frame while Chart's ChartWindown::DirectConnected() does
this right.

But it's way easier for Chart, as its content area is hardcoded to be in
(LEFT_WIDTH, TOP_LEFT_LIMIT, window right/bottom borders.
For GLView, this has to be really dynamic and I'm not that fluent in direct mode
, hence the current GLView::DirectConnected() missing implementation.
Plus as such info will be always the same for whatever renderer at work behind
GLView, I want to do this in GLView, not handing this task to each renderer...

- Philippe