[haiku-appserver] Re: 2D engine

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 27 Oct 2004 11:13:58 -0000

I'm not Rudolf but I hope you'll pardon me if I reply :)

>       What is/means engine synchronization?

My take is that it's a means to lock the driver/hardware, to be able to
serialize the access to it. It's like any other form of locking, just that it's
the driver/accelerant which implements it.
That way you don't have to implement your own locking in the displaydriver
class, you just call acquire_engine_global() before calling any accelerant
function, then release_engine_global() when you're finished.

Look at the blit() function here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/open-beos/current/src/kits/game/WindowScreen.cpp?rev=1.6&view=markup
for an example.

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/