[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: threads

  • From: Don Quixote de la Mancha <quixote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:07:53 -0800

I do not yet know if there are any differences between Haiku an BeOS threads,
however BeOS threads are simpler to use but less configurable than pthreads.
for most uses a BeOS thread will suffice but pthreads let you do stuff like set
a custom stack size.  that would allow you to create more threads if they don't
need much stack.

Haiku supports pthreads. how much of the pthreads API do we actually support?

Sent from my iPad