[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: (no subject) should have been -> How to use PAE

  • From: "Earl Pottinger" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "earl_colby_pottinger@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 09:29:24 -0700

Drats, dash darn it!

So my lovely I7 machine can now run multiple applications in RAM even while
each application need 2GB each but I can not modify my device driver to access
the extra memory and give the driver 16 GB of paged memory to work with.

This means once I am sure the code is debugged, I need to write it to work in
64 bit Haiku I guess.

On Sun, 7/20/14, Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Subject: [haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: (no subject)
 To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 On Jul 20, 2014 11:40 AM, "Earl Pottinger" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

 > How do I use PAE in 32 bit Haiku?  My machine has 32GB
 of RAM and I would like to make full use of it.
 If your CPU supports it, it's used
 automatically, that isn't something that's
 controlled at an application level. Bear in mind, PAE
 doesn't allow an individual app to address > 4GB, it
 just allows the OS as a whole to do so.

 Regards,
 Rene