[haiku-3rdparty-dev] The "When" attribute in the BMessage

  • From: "Yashasvi A.C." <yashasviac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev <haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 16:10:15 +1200

Hey guys,

Once I capture a BMessage in the message_print_hook() function and look at
each message that goes through, I also look into the "when"
attribute/property which I assume is the timestamp variable. Its an Int64
variable and on printing it out to the console, the number itself does not
make any sense (although I can see it increasing with each second). Is there
any attribute in the BMessage that reflects the actual time of the creation
of the BMessage (for example, 15390009092009 to say the BMessage was created
at 3:39pm on 9th Sept 2009? If not, I would assume I would have to pull the
system date itself then :).

Cheers,
Yash