[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Testing DocumentViewer

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:50:45 +0100

ciprian.nedisan@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:11:47 +0000 Ingo Weinhold
> <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >I believe collapsing an item can be
> >simply done by setting it to invisible (i.e. call Hide() on the
> >view). If that doesn't work, please file a bug report.
>
> Yes it works, it collapses the splitter, but the problem is, you
> can not "open" again the splitter usig the mouse.
> Whe you collapse a splitter using the mouse then the weight is
> zero. That means, it would be a great help,
> if setting the weight to zero would collapse the splitter too.

As I wrote before, AFAIK a 0 item weight is meant for something else. Dedicated
methods to collapse/expand an item/multiple items would definitely be a good
idea, though.

> Before the user closes the application the weights in my
> application are saved
> and restored at the next program start. In the case of a collapsed
> splitter the weight is saved as zero, but when restoring again
> the splitter is not collapsed anymore.

You will also have to store and restore the collapsed state. Either by directly
working with the item visibility or, when introduced, by using the collapsed
property.

> I filled already a bug long time ago (i guess a few month), so
> indeed i would be happy if somebody would solve it

I assigned the ticket to Alex, who has recently (i.e. since more than a year)
been doing by far the most layout API related work. I hope he'll have a bit of
time to look into that in the not so distant future.

CU, Ingo