[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Target of BMessage from BMessageQueue?

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 00:11:07 -0500

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> This is suppose to fast-forward to the last message of a kind from within
>> WebProcess::MessageReceived(). WebProcess is a BHandler attached to the
>> BApplication. If there are more than one web pages open, there will be one
>> WebProcess per page. And you can probably already see the problem. I am
>> stealing messages from the other processes, and worst case, I end up
>> processing a BMessage intended for another WebProcess. Is there any way to
>> detect the intended BHandler target of a BMessage when peaking into the
>> queue like that?

The problem I see here is that at the point where the message is just
in the message queue, you can't guarantee to reliably know its target,
since both BMessageFilters and BLooper::DispatchMessage() can redirect
the message somewhere else entirely. Any thoughts on how to work
around that?

Regards,

Rene