[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Some questions from iZ Corp

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku-3rd-Party-Dev <haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 19:25:34 -0700

Hi,

The folks at iZ Corp asked me some questions that I don't really have
answers to, so I hope the right people read this list...

First, other OSs have a trap on the "Off" button that pops up a choice
of options, so that a clean shutdown can be assured.  Are there any hooks
in Haiku for this?  Further, could their app place a trap here, so it could
shut down cleanly as well?

Secondly they would like to know which current video cards have good
drivers.  They have specific need for some fixed resolutions: 1024x600
for a touch-screen panel they use, and 1440x900 widescreen.  They
also need dual-head support.  They are currently using nVidia 6200
cards (with a tweaked driver), but these are pretty much off the market
They understood that the 8000 cards are not so easy to support, but
maybe work has been done.
[Sorry, but I'm pretty much ignorant on current video.]

Finally, has any work been done on ftpfs?  They used to use that on BeOS.

Any info gratefully received and passed on.

Thanks.

        -- Pete --