[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Sequitur add-ons not being recognized

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 17:01:39 -0700

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 04:04:00PM -0700, I wrote:

[....]
However, as far as I can see, that symbol should exist. The header
for the module has:

class ArpControllerMapAddOn : public AmFilterAddOn
{
public:
ArpControllerMapAddOn(const void* cookie)
: AmFilterAddOn(cookie)
{
}

which I'd have thought was an appropriate definition.

All the failing modules have the same form header. There are,
however, half a dozen that do load. They all have headers of
the form:

class ArpVelocitySplitterAddOn : public AmFilterAddOn
{
public:
ArpVelocitySplitterAddOn(const void* cookie);

with actual code in the cpp file.

What's the catch? why did the first form work fine in BeOS, but
not in Haiku. What's the solution?

As a followup, I eidited the sources of the above ArpControllerMap,
moving the definition into the cpp file, and yes, it now loads!

So the obvious solution would be to edit all 36 other modules,
but that's not one I relish... (:-/)

-- Pete --