[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Question about codec/media support for gcc4 apps

  • From: Barrett <barrett666@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 23:33:36 +0200

> system_beep()/add_system_beep_event() should be fine for that kind of

use case, and they don't suffer from that ABI problem since they don't
> require loading codecs into the app's address space.

I never saw those functions...they seems a lot useful...but still i don't
see a way to automatically (from Caya) set audio files for an event, it
seems possible only to add an empty event...this make a custom sound system
a better choice, except implementing a new function in Beep.h, what do you
think?

Regards