[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Paste-O-Matic: asking for some advice

  • From: Sevcsik András <sevcsik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:56:54 +0100

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since you asked for it... :) A few ideas you probably thought of
> yourself:
>
> * You may also want to supply a Tracker add-on for it.
> * Handle d&d of multiple files.
> * Handle d&d of text snippets.
> * Recognize the syntax and set pastebin's colouring accordingly.
> * Some sort of pastebin history that keeps track of past pastes and
> their URLs (and cleans out expired pastes).

Most of this stuff are already on my list :) Language recognition
could be a tough one since there's no port of the file util or
libmagic.

> The coding guidelines are only important when you work in Haiku's svn.
> 3rd party apps are free to all kinds of abominations. :)

I know, but in the future I'd like to do that, so I try to learn the
rules, there are quite a lot :)

> See the user guide:
> file:///boot/system/documentation/userguide/en/applications/icon-o-matic.html

Thanks, I could have thought of this myself :)

> I'm just starting to program, so my needs may differ. I use DarkWyrm's
> nice Paladin IDE that takes care of the building stuff. Paladin can
> generate makefiles, but no jam files (yet?). It also handles resource
> files. You'll find it on http://www.haikuware.com

Nice! Thanks for all the help.

Minden jót,
Sevcsik András