[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Messages caught in win_message_filter

  • From: "Yashasvi A.C." <yashasviac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev <haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 14:33:59 +1300

Hi,

I had created a message filter hook function that "listens" to the messages
passed between the window and the AppServer. Tried running it and it works
beautifully. However, each of the messages that are captured appear multiple
times. For example, if I hit a particular key down, the _KYD message
appears 7 times. If I hit a button, the message is sent 4 times. I have
attached a screenshot of what's exactly happening.

I am assuming the reason for this is that by the time I hit the key and
release it (even though we think its an instant touch), there are 7 messages
passed. Is there any way of stopping this from happening? Perhaps locking
the function for half a second or something?

Thanks,
Yash