[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Intel_extreme video VGA output problems

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 13:44:02 -0500

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Peter Schuler <peters@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, I did some more testing, and I did manage to get some VGA output, but
> only in very limited circumstances. If I connect my monitor via DVI and set
> the resolution to something very basic (800x600 or 1024x768), then
> disconnect DVI, connect the same monitor via VGA, and reboot, then I get VGA
> output at that resolution. However, I still can't get any VGA output if:
>
> (a) the resolution is higher than 1024x768; I've only tried a couple, but
> they didn't work.
> (b) I change the resolution using the Screen preference.
>
> If I boot up in a resolution that works, say 800x600, then try to change the
> resolution to another one that works if I boot into it, say 1024x768, by
> using the Screen preference, it also does not work.
>
> Any more thoughts?

There are some documented issues with regards to port handling in
intel_extreme, though most of them related to attempting to use HDMI
output. It's likely this issue is related though, so it may be worth
filing a ticket on our bugtracker, as I'm uncertain if the people most
likely to have a good answer for you follow this particular mailing
list.

Regards,

Rene