[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: How does a driver detect shut-downs

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:21:35 +0200

Am 31/07/2014 21:23, schrieb Ingo Weinhold:
This really requires a driver interface extension. We also need one for
suspend to RAM/disk support which is somewhat related, I guess.

Suspend to disk could be done without any driver support AFAICT, but either way, I deliberately left out a power management API when redoing the new driver API, as I just didn't have enough knowledge of creating a good one (IIRC I still had it included in the first drafts).

But adding a shutdown call would be a good start :-)

Bye,
   Axel.