[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: HVIF - Question

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:53:13 -0700

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 10:26:48PM +0100, Matthias Lindner wrote:

> Is there any way that i can store some "own" information in a HVIF File?
>
> projectconceptor
> https://code.google.com/p/projectconceptor/downloads/list
>

> Now i want to allow Nodes with individual styles..
> I hope that i can use to create nodes icons i load from HVIF or SVG...
> So everyone can create own Styles for the Nodes...
> But i need some "active" points wehre the Edges starting from..
>
> Theses should be stored somehow in the  SVG or HVIF File.

Looks like an interesting project...

I don't think there's any way to add extra data *inside* an HVIF
structure, but do you really need to?  You surely can just create an item
that holds both the HVIF data and your own additions.

Not sure how your "nodes" would be stored (and how the icons are to
be read and displayed) but if they're files I'd have thought you could
just attach an icon.  If you're going to display them in your own window
(which I assume you have to), you'll need to decode and display the HVIF
yourself anyway.

I do something similar in my "MusicWeaver" app -- although I'm still
using bitmap icons [too many to do over at the moment...!].  Each module
is actually an add-on, so it's a *lot* more than an icon, but the icon
image is in the resource section so the Tracker gets it automatically.
When I place the item in a diagram window, I draw the image myself.

I don't have user-generated images, but you should be able to have some
way to drop an Icon file into your app to insert it into a node.

HTH,

        -- Pete --